Leadership Pilgrimage to Bhutan
A Journey of Personal and Professional Transformation
Sept 28 – Oct 8, 2017
Join other executives, CEOs, community leaders, and entrepreneurs seeking insight, wisdom, and skillful actions in their lives and work. The Authentic Leadership Center at Naropa University and the Gross National Happiness Centre in Bhutan are partnering to deliver a unique international leadership development opportunity.
- Explore the concepts of Gross National Happiness as applied to leadership
- Draw on a diverse range of spiritual and secular resources for reflection on our own life’s journey
- Discover how to be more grounded, compassionate, and effective leaders.
Discover your own personal journey of leadership transformation and positive change
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Bhutan and be immersed in the world-famous Gross National Happiness (GNH) program.
Bhutan’s philosophy of Gross National Happiness has guided the country’s leaders in charting a mindful and balanced path of national development that prioritizes the happiness and well-being of all life, rather than the pursuit of economic growth for its own sake.
What makes this pilgrimage different from others?
Participants will be granted exclusive access to the GNH Centre and partake in an Intensive program with the Centre’s leaders and ministers
Prior to the trip, three live conferences calls on September 6th, 13th, and 20th at 9am MST will offer preparatory knowledge
Following the trip, two live conferences calls on October 18th and 25th at 9am MST will assist you toward applying the experience within your organization or community
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us…
Program Summary & Travel Details
Our ten day experience in Bhutan extends from September 28 – October 8th, 2017. The 10-night group itinerary will include time in Paro, Thimphu, and nearby rural destinations, with an opportunity to attend a traditional festival in Thimphu as part of the Intensive program.
- September 28: Arrive in Bhutan; bus to hotel
- September 29 – October 5: Intensive program; registration fee includes hotel accommodations, planned meals and all travel to other locations.
- October 6-7: Two flexible days for self tours or additional sightseeing. Please note that only the hotel room and planned meal costs are included in the Leadership Pilgrimage package for these two days.
- October 8: Departure for Bangkok, Thailand; bus to airport
- Participants will travel independently to the Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand.
- All participants will be required to be in Bangkok by September 27th at the latest. Information about accommodations in Bangkok will be provided. Hotel reservations will be made for the entire group.
- On September 28th, we will fly together as a group from Bangkok to Bhutan to begin our journey.
* More details available upon request.
Pricing & Registration
The number of participants will be limited to 18 to 21 and registration and participation is by application only.
Participants will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis with receipt of applications
Applications must be received prior to registration deadline in order to receive pricing as listed on registration deadlines.
Applications will be reviewed as received and participants notified of a decision within one week.
All costs are in US Dollars.
Single Rooms are available for an additional $450
Through June 15
Through July 15
Through August 15
Final Registrations will close on August 15th, 2017
Click here for frequently asked questions...
Participant Customer Support
We look forward to your interest and participation in our Leadership Pilgrimage to Bhutan. We will provide extensive personal service to help you decide to join our journey. We will assist in the application and registration process and provide supportive travel information. For any questions, please contact us directly.Will the live conference calls be recorded?
All live conference calls will be recorded. You may download audio files to your local device or stream them online at your convenience.